To facilitate a culture in Duke PopHealth where diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are respected and intentionally valued by implementing thoughtful, practical, iterative and innovative strategies that can serve as a model for our constituents.
Duke University Institutional Statement of Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas — an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
- Recruitment, retention and mentoring of minority students
- Recruitment, retention and success of minority faculty and staff
- Equity and transparency in pay, hiring, retention and promotion
- Creating an environment welcoming across diverse backgrounds
- Health disparities and community outreach
- Social justice
Please visit the Duke Calendar for events related to Diversity & Inclusion.