QualCore provides expertise and leadership in qualitative research design, implementation, analysis, and interpretation.
- Identify individuals’ perspectives, experiences, and motivations that influence their health behaviors.
- Gain insight into the broader context of individuals’ daily lives that shape their decisions and actions.
- Explore preferences and ideas for designing patient-focused interventions and materials.
- Inform survey development or explain survey findings.
- Partner with clinicians, faculty, and other investigators in Duke’s School of Medicine on clinical and health services research.
- Advise our research partners on how to design and conduct rigorous qualitative research relevant to their specific study aims.
- Use a flexible approach to accommodate the dynamic nature of qualitative data collection.
The QualCore team consists of faculty, doctorate and masters-level social scientists, and research assistants—all part of the Department of Population Health Sciences. Our team includes:
- Faculty and staff who can help investigators develop qualitative research study designs and question guides.
- Interviewers who arrange and conduct interviews and focus group discussions.
- Analysts who organize, critically examine, and summarize the qualitative findings.