Do you want to study the most pressing public health challenges facing our nation? Do you want to learn from experts that implement real patient-level solutions and work with big, complex data to measure the health of populations? Apply today to jump-start your career with a Master of Science in Population Health Sciences from Duke. There’s never been a better time to apply—GREs are optional for the 2022-2023 application cycle.
- First Deadline: January 16, 2023
- Second Deadline: February 27, 2023
- Final Admission Decision: Late March-Early April
About the MS in Population Health Sciences
Duke’s intensive, multidisciplinary MS in Population Health Sciences equips students with the concrete skills they need to implement patient-level healthcare change. In just two years, students will gain a deep understanding of statistical modeling, bioethics, epidemiology, health policy, behavior science, and more, preparing them for a career in health research, pharmaceuticals, data analysis, and other related fields.
Why Choose Duke PopHealth for an MS in Population Health Sciences?
- Learn from world-renowned researchers across Duke in specialties like bioethics, epidemiology, health policy, behavior science, and informatics.
- Enjoy a 2:1 faculty to student ratio, ensuring plenty of opportunities for mentorship and access to world-renowned faculty. All MS students are paired with a faculty mentor!
- Earn your SAS Academic Specialization just by completing the program; this SAS talent is in high demand from top employers!
- Get hands-on learning at leading healthcare or biomedical institutions or complete a faculty-mentored individual research capstone project.
- Tap into Duke PopHealth’s partnerships with world-class institutions such as Duke Health, Duke Clinical Research Institute, The Margolis Center for Health Policy, Duke Cancer Institute, and the Duke Global Health Institute.
- Be a part of Duke’s diverse community of more than 170,000 alumni.
- Get recruited by top healthcare employers who look to Duke PopHealth for industry-leading population health scientists.
- Be automatically considered for a limited number of scholarships based on financial need and merit.
- Leverage resources at the School of Medicine and transform discoveries into improved human health.