Develop Study Designs for the Real World
Registration for the Summer Institute 2023 is now open! Registration ends May 26.
The DPHS Summer Institute offers twelve workshops that will support your research goals. You'll strengthen your foundational knowledge in population health sciences; approach your research from different perspectives; better understand your context; and be more innovative in your proposals, research designs, and data analyses.
Are you looking to:
- Gain best practices for collecting and analyzing patient-reported outcomes?
- Design evidence-informed approaches to improving health?
- Understand how to formulate population health research questions?
- Learn how to translate research results into policy and practice?
- Study the principles of qualitative questionnaire design and interviewing?
- Develop, evaluate, and implement healthcare delivery interventions?
- Critically assess commonly applied research study designs as well as measures?
Duke University population health researchers will teach these skills and more at the Department of Population Health Sciences Summer Institute, June 15-30, 2023.
Why Attend the Summer Institute?
The Summer Institute will introduce you to new research methods that:
- You can apply on the job
- Will expand your areas of expertise
- Can help further your career
"One of the best trainings I have been to. It’s practical and gives me the confidence to put new ideas into practice and intelligently consult with Dissemination & Implementation experts. I now understand the scope and limitations of the field."
— 2022 Summer Institute Attendee
Who Should Attend
The Summer Institute is for early- to mid-career researchers, professionals working in health care and health services research, trainees, and students who want to learn new methods that will broaden their research expertise.
Summer Institute Quick Facts
The Summer Institute:
- Is primarily virtual
- Offers a discount for early registration
- Is complimentary for BRIDGE participants who receive a full scholarship for Institute workshops
- Is now in its 5th year and has had hundreds of attendees from all over the world
Learn From Duke University's World-Renowned Faculty
You'll engage in learning experiences that address topics in population health sciences and health science research methods. See the Summer Institute Faculty page for more information.
Have questions about the Summer Institute? Contact us.